UPDATE November 2019
nebland software is rebranding as GridFabric and we've launched a new website gridfabric.io. Our oadrservices site (this site) will be shutting down and redirecting traffic to the GridFabric site.
Looking for a VTN?
Our Canvas VTN is offered as a cloud SaaS or self hosted. Please visit the Canvas (OADR 2.0a/b VTN) GridFabric page for more information.
The VTN virtual machine image is no longer available. Do to an overwhelming need for support and updates to the virtual machine image, we launched a cloud service to more quickly meet customer demand. Our Canvas cloud service comes with a 2 week free trial.
Looking for a VEN?
Our Plaid (OADR 2.0b VEN) provides a fast path to compliance. Our customers are able to implement NOVA from conception to compliance in weeks.
Last updated: December 16, 2015
We believe in managing the privacy of individuals and making safe and ethical use of personal information that is provided to us via electronic channels.
Nebland operates the Site to provide online access to, sell and/or provide information about certain of its products and licenses, such as virtual machine appliances and creating application program interfaces (collectively “Products”), and services, such as resources relating to Products and responding to technical questions (collectively “Services”). Some Products and Services are available to anyone on the Site (“Users”), such as viewing information about the Products or contacting Nebland, while other Products and Services are only available to users who have registered with Nebland and have an account (“Registered Users”), such as purchasing access and support to the virtual machine appliances.
This Site is not intended for anyone under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18 and have reached this Site, please leave the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18, unless we have received consent from a parent or guardian.
If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child, please contact us. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18, without consent, we will delete that information and otherwise comply with the requirements of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act and other applicable laws such as the California Online Privacy Protection Act.
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about Users and Registered Users of this Site and Services, including the information described below.
Personally Identifiable Information
Most of the personally identifiable information we collect is voluntarily submitted by you, such as when you register(ed) for an account on the Site (“Account”) or when you submitted an inquiry to us from our Contact Us webpage, for example, first and last name, email, etc. In addition to the personally identifiable information described above, we also collect some billing information such as name, billing address and shipping address, email and we accept, but do not collect, purchasing information, such as a method of payment (e.g. credit card, paypal, etc.), to make purchasing offers, products and/or services easier and more convenient for you. We will also link some of the non-personally identifiable information described further below, with your personally identifiable information. This allows us to better understand the interests, needs, and objectives of our Registered Users such that we may better serve you and offer you better Services.
We may occasionally offer additional events to Users and Registered Users to communicate with us through other websites or media. If we offer such events, please note that we may collect and link information you voluntarily submit with your IP address and/or browsing behavior in a way that makes such information personally identifiable information. If you do not want us to collect and/or link such information, please do not participate in such events. Examples of some events we provide includes, but is not limited to: forums, product reviews, User Generated Content (defined below) or submissions, whether through the Site or through other means (e.g. Google Groups); online surveys; marketing initiatives (including, contests, events, or promotions); fillable forms or fields; or email or other electronic communications. It is also possible that we may collect personally identifiable information about Registered Users from sources other than you, such as forums, instant messaging services, blogs, other users of our Products and Services and our business partners. Some of the information we collect is through the use of marketing and/or web analytic partners. You may be able to prevent such marketing partners from recognizing you on return visits to this Site by disabling cookies on your browser.
We may also collect management information on our email campaigns, such as whether you have read an email sent by us, when and how many times, etc. We will use this information to improve content and Services and to inform groups of Users about relevant Products and Services.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Although we largely only collect personally identifiable information from Registered Users, we may collect non-personally identifiable information from everyone that accesses the Site and/or Services. We use this information to help make the Site and Services more useful and appealing to you and to better understand our Users and Registered Users.
Some of the information we collect is through the use of web analytic and/or marketing partners such as Google Analytics. Such web analystic partners collect information like how often users visit this Site and/or Services, what pages they visit when they do so, what other sites they used prior to coming to this Site and survey responses.
We may collect non-personally identifiable information about you through a variety of technical methods, including the following:
- Collection of Usage Details and IP Address. As you navigate through this Site and/or Services, we may collect details of your visits to this Site and/or Services, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs, the resources that you access, and information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. We may use this information for system administration and report aggregate information to our advertisers and business partners.
- Collection with Cookies. “Cookies” are pieces of information that a website sends to your computer while you are viewing a website. We may place and access cookies on your computer and/or mobile device to track and store preferential information about you. You consent to our placement of cookies on your computer and/or mobile device. Please note that most internet browsers will allow you to stop some cookies from being stored on your computer and/or mobile device and to delete some cookies stored on your computer and/or mobile device. If you choose to do so, however, your use of certain aspects of this Site and/or Services may be inaccessible, or not function as expected.
- Collection with Web beacons. “Web beacons” are electronic images, tags or scripts that allow a website to access cookies and help track general usage patterns of visitors to a website. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information, such as cookies, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page where the Web beacon is placed. We may use Web beacons to compile information regarding use of this Site and/or Services.
The information collected through these technical methods, standing alone, cannot be used to determine your identity. If such information is combined in a way that makes it become personally identifiable information, we will treat the combined information as personally identifiable information as described above.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your non-personally identifiable information to:
- Understand and anticipate your needs and preferences;
- Ensure this Site and/or the Services are of interest to you (including, customization of advertising and content) and help us better understand your use of this Site and/or the Services;
- Conduct internal reviews of this Site and/or the Services and administer this Site's systems;
- Develop, enhance, and market our Products and Services;
- Provide you with promotional materials and offers; and
- Manage our business and operations.
In addition to the uses described above, we may use your personally identifiable information to:
- Confirm and complete transactions requested by you;
- Provide customer support (including, responding to your requests), troubleshoot and resolve problems and disputes;
- Contact you to verify the information you provide to us;
- Protect the security and integrity of this Site and Services;
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- Provide administrative communications to you; and
Sharing of Personally Identifiable Information
We do not take your trust in sharing your personally identifiable information with us lightly or for granted. That is why we do not share your information with other unaffiliated, third party companies for direct marketing purposes.
We also strive not to disclose more personally identifiable information than is necessary to complete a transaction, provide a requested service or to operate and improve the Site and/or Services so that they are useful to you. Therefore, we only share your personally identifiable information with third parties we trust, such as our purchasing processor(s), maintenance providers and/or marketing partners. Some of the categories of third parties we may share your personally identifiable information include:
- A person who, in our reasonable judgment, is authorized to receive your personally identifiable information as your agent, including as a result of your business dealings with that person (for example, your attorney);
- The holders of an Account from which your access was granted;
- Our third party vendors so that they may provide support for our internal and business operations, including for the handling of data processing, data storage, research, internal marketing, delivery of promotional and transaction materials, payment processing (e.g. Stripe) and this Site's and Services' maintenance and security;
Other third parties,:
- As required by law or ordered by a court, regulatory, or administrative agency;
- As we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, if we believe that you are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation, or are otherwise interfering with another's rights or property, including, without limitation, our rights or property;
- If requested by authorities in the event of any act of terrorism or instance of local, regional or national emergency;
- To enforce or protect our rights;
- As part of a Business Transfer, (defined below); and
- Our affiliated companies (i.e., companies under common control or management with us).
Aggregation and De-Personalization
We may take your personally identifiable information and make it non-personally identifiable, either by combining it with information about other individuals (aggregating your information with information about other individuals), or by removing characteristics (such as your name) that make the information personally identifiable to you (de-personalizing your information). We may use and/or disclose to third parties such aggregate or de-personalized information in any manner and without notice or compensation to you.
Circumvention of Security Measures
Data Retention & Removal
We typically do not destroy or otherwise delete personally identifiable or non-personally identifiable information. Registered Users may close their Account by contacting us. Upon request, we will work with the Registered User in terminating their Account and to remove select information we have collected about the Registered User. However, please note that we may disassociate posted content and information from the Registered User in lieu of removing the same. Further, not all information can be deleted such as information which has been aggregated or is archived. We may also retain select information to prevent, investigate or identify any wrongdoing in connection with the Site and/or Services or to satisfy other legal obligations.
Do Not Track Requests
This Site does not respond to “do not track” requests. All traffic is treated as equal and processed the same. If you desire to have your browsing be private, we suggest that you use your web browser's private, incognito or other similar options.
User Generated Content
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. Below are some mechanisms that provide you with control over certain information:
- Cookies. If you do not wish us to collect cookies, you may set your browser to refuse some cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. If you do so, please note that some parts of this Site and/or Services may then be inaccessible or may not function properly.
- Email Offers from Us. If you do not wish to receive email offers or newsletters from us, you can opt-out of receiving email information from us (other than emails related to the completion of your registration, correction of user data, change of password and other similar communications essential to your transactions on this Site and/or Services) by using the unsubscribe process at the bottom of the email.
- Accessing and Correcting Personal Information. For Registered Users who wish to review and update their personal information, please contact us. For users who wish to review the information we have collected about you or someone for which you are the legal guardian, please contact us. Please note that we may need to solicit select personally identifiable information in order to locate the information you are requesting and authenticate that you are the user about which the information is requested or the legal guardian of the Registered User.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Operation of this Site in the United States
This Site is operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using this Site or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer and to the applicable laws of the United States.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request regarding your personally identifiable information or the personally identifiable information of someone for which you are the legal guardian, please contact us at any of the following:
nebland software, LLC
111 N Broadway Suite B
Green Bay, Wisconsin 54303
SPECIAL NOTIFICATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS - YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Individuals who are residents of California and have provided their personally identifiable information to us may request information regarding our disclosures, if any, of their personally identifiable information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at:
Attn: Benjamin DuPont
nebland software, LLC
111 N Broadway Suite B
Green Bay, Wisconsin 54303
California privacy rights requests must include the reference “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of the message and must include the e-mail address or mailing address, as applicable, for us to send our response. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified in this paragraph.